exclamation IconNCC Next

Learn about NCC's ongoing COVID response and efforts.

NCC Next

NON-DEGREE - Personal Enrichment

Are You a Personal Enrichment Student?

Acceptance as a non-degree student means that you are not matriculated into a program of study and are not eligible for state, federal financial aid or loan programs. 

Personal Enrichment: you do not intend to earn a degree or certificate at NCC but rather plan to take one or more courses for personal enrichment, for transfer to another college or for professional growth. 


I'm not a Non-Degree Student. Let me choose again.



Check markComplete the Online Application by selecting the Apply Now button and Pay the non-refundable Application Fee

First time Admissions Application Processing fee is $55. Your application cannot be submitted without this payment.

Check mark Meet the Application Completion Deadlines.

Fall Semester: AUGUST 14
Spring Semester: JANUARY 3
Summer: at least two weeks prior to the start of the Summer Semester.
Winterim: at least two weeks prior to the start of the Winterim Semester.

(If a deadline falls on a weekend, applications and all supporting credentials are accepted through the following Monday.)

Check mark Proof of Graduation: 

Submit proof of graduation from either an accredited high school, High School Equivalency (HSE: GED or TASC)  or college degree (Bachelors, Masters, PhD.  This documentation can be uploaded through the online application.

Non-Degree Requirements:

Attach documentation to verify proof of graduation from either an accredited high school, High School Equivalency (HSE) formerly known as the GED or College degree.  In accordance with SUNY, NCC does not accept high school diplomas that were issued by an online school.

When uploading your document please make sure that your document name does not contain spaces.

After your application has been submitted online, you cannot return to upload the required documents, and they must be faxed 516.572.9975, mailed or brought in person to the Office of the Registrar.  We are located in the Student Services Center.

Check mark Course Selection: 

View available courses online, visit Class Schedule

Review prerequisites for all courses you wish to register. If you are signing up for a class for which the prerequisites have not been met at Nassau Community College, you will be required to contact the Chairperson of the department to get an override waiving the prerequisites. 

Non-Degree students are not required to take the College’s Placement Tests; however, students who have not taken the College’s Placement Test will be prohibited from enrolling in many college-level courses. 

Students interested in only studying English through the Language Immersion Program at NCC (LINCC) will be required to take the placement test in English, communication and reading. Students in this program are not eligible for financial aid. It is a full-time day program only. 

Check mark Immunization records:

If you were born on or after 1/1/1957, and are registering for six or more credits, New York State requires you to submit proof of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) in order to secure your registration for classes. You must also submit the required NYS meningitis survey. Go to Health Services to learn more.

Check markSubmit all required documents as soon as possible. 

Supporting application documentation can be mailed to the Office of the Registrar, 1 Education Drive, Garden City, NY 11530 or faxed to 516.572.9975.

You can also check the status of your application go to myncc. You will need your NCC Student ID which will be mailed to you. Your password would be your date of birth (mmddyy).

Please note, Nassau Community College reserves the right to request an applicant complete a third party evaluation for academic documents from outside of the Unites States. The evaluation company must be members of AACRAO, NAFSA, NACES, AICE, ATA and Better Business Bureau.


Top of page