Returning/Re-Admit Student

You are considered a returning student if you attended NCC as a degree-seeking student and left at least a year ago (two or more terms) without attending another institution. Once your re-admission process has been completed, you can discuss your course options and any academic concerns with an advisor. 

For in-person advisement during the Student Service In-Person Hours at the Student Services Center. NCC photo ID card or Government-issued photo ID is required for sign-in. Students will be advised in the order they have arrived. The Office of Academic Advisement reserves the right to discontinue sign-in earlier than the posted hours when our volume of activity requires it. 

If you are registering for fully remote and/or online classes only and cannot come to campus, email from your NCC Student Email account, include your name and NCC-ID. You will receive an automated email reply requesting 24 to 48 hours for a response, generally we will reply ASAP.   

Students in programs other than Liberal Arts, see Advisement by Academic Programs to contact an advisor from the department.

Prior to Seeking Advisement and/or Registering 

  • NCC Email - Always check and use your NCC email account by log into MyNCC Portal, select student email icon. Be sure to include your name and NCC ID in all correspondence with the college. 
  • AAF Placement Test - For students who wish to enroll in upper-level math like pre-calculus (MAT 111) or calculus (MAT 122) must have transfer credits for the pre-requisites or should schedule an Advanced, Algebra and Functions, AAF test with
  • Tuition - Familiarize yourself with the tuition bill due dates, with Bursar.

Below are exceptions for students based on the number of developmental courses to be completed and Academic Standing. 

Liberal Arts students with 2 or more developmental courses:

Currently attending or returning Liberal Arts students with two or three developmental courses to be completed, contact the Department of Student Personnel Services, (516) 572-7506,

Students on Academic Warning or Academic Probation


Top of page