exclamation IconNCC Next

Learn about NCC's ongoing COVID response and efforts.

NCC Next

NON-DEGREE - High School Equivalency

Are You a High School Equivalency Student?

Students without an official high school diploma may earn a high school equivalency (HSE) diploma through the completion of 24 defined college credits. You are eligible for this program if you are at least 17 years of age and your high school class must have already graduated and currently a resident of New York State for at least one month.

Acceptance as a non-degree student means that you are not matriculated into a program of study and are not eligible for state or federal grants or federal loans.

Upon completion of the program, students are granted a High School Equivalency by the New York State Education Department and may continue their education as degree (matriculated) students, using the 24 completed credits as the foundation for most programs of study.


I'm not a Non-Degree Student. Let me choose again.



Check markMeet with an admissions counselor to learn more about this opportunity.

Students intending to pursue the 24-credit HSE program must meet with an admissions counselor as part of the admissions process. Counselors are available during regular office hours, appointments are not necessary.

Check mark Complete the Online Application and Pay the non-refundable Application Fee

Click the Apply Now button to submit your application. The application fee of $55 must be submitted with your application. Your application cannot be submitted without this payment.

Check mark Meet the Application Completion Deadlines.

Fall Semester: AUGUST 14
Spring Semester: JANUARY 3

(If a deadline falls on a weekend, applications and all supporting credentials are accepted through the following Monday.)

NOTE: Another option for the high school equivalency diploma is the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion), a high school equivalency test which replaced the GED in New York State. Learn more by visiting our HSE page or calling 516.572.7667


Check markImmunization records:

If you were born on or after 1/1/1957, and are registering for six or more credits, New York State requires you to submit proof of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) in order to secure your registration for classes. You must also submit the required NYS meningitis survey. Go to Health Services to learn more.

Check mark Submit all required documents as soon as possible. 

You can also check the status of your application go to myncc.  You will need your NCC Student ID which will be mailed to you.  Your password is your date of birth (mmddyy).

Please note, Nassau Community College reserves the right to request an applicant complete a third party evaluation for academic documents from outside of the Unites States. The evaluation company must be members of AACRAO, NAFSA, NACES, AICE, ATA and Better Business Bureau.


Top of page