Legal Studies is strongly committed to the concept of legal education within the framework
of practical paralegal skills.
The following guidelines have been established:
- A minimum grade of C is required in each law class in the Paralegal curriculum.
- Professional attitude, regular class attendance, punctuality and appropriate professional
demeanor are required of Paralegal students.
- Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted
These criteria have been established in order to uphold the standards of the paralegal
profession and legal community as a whole. Interested students wishing to obtain further
information and a copy of the Requirements and Guidelines may contact the Paralegal
Program at 516.572.7544.
Paralegal Program Goals/Objectives
- Students will understand the American Legal System
- Students will understand substantive areas of law
- Students will develop critical thinking skills
- Students will develop written and oral communication skills
- Students will acquire practical legal skills
- Students will understand the ethical considerations for a legal professional
View the Legal Studies course descriptions in the current College Catalog.
Legal Studies (LAW)