NCC Veteran Benefits

Once you are registered for classes, please arrange to meet with one of our Certifying Officers in the Registrar’s Office. The enrollment certification process must be repeated every term.

You must bring the following documentation with you: Copy of your DD214 (if not yet submitted), your Certificate of Eligibility, NOBE or approval letter from the VA.

Post 9/11 Bill (Chapter 33)
Once you receive the Certificate of Eligibility in the mail, or you can print your E-Benefits page, email or bring it, along with a copy of your Member 4 DD214, to a Certifying Officer in the Office of the Registrar. The tuition and fees are mailed directly to the college. The Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and book stipend are sent directly to you from the Department of Veteran Affairs. Apply

Veteran’s Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30)
Print a copy of the completed application and email or bring it, along with a copy of your Member 4 DD214,  to a Certifying Officer in the Office of the Registrar. Apply

Survivors & Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
Eligible spouses and children of veterans who have died or who are partially or totally disabled through the service may complete a VA form #5490 and email or bring to a Certifying Officer in the Office of the Registrar. Apply

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) - Veteran Readiness & Employment (Chapter 31)
You need to contact a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. The Counselor will put in a PO and send it to the Office of the Registrar.  Once we receive it, we can them certify your classes. For more information.

Reservists/National Guard (Chapter 1606)
Obtain from your unit a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) and email or bring it to a Certifying Officer in the Office of the Registrar.  You can also email a copy of your Member 4 DD 214 to

Reserve Officer Training (ROTC)
Qualified full-time Nassau Community College students may participate in the Army or Air Force Reserve Officers Training Corps program at a nearby university * on a cross-enrolled basis. Students may enter the ROTC program at any time prior to completing their sophomore year. There is no obligation to complete the ROTC program until the start of the junior year.

Undergraduate students may compete for full scholarships, which include tuition, books, fees, and a monthly stipend (up to ten months of each school year). The basis course takes only one hour a week, For more information, contact the Office of Veteran Services.

*ROTC participation is currently available with Hofstra University and Manhattan College.

Service Members Opportunity College (SOC)
Sponsored by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities and the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges, SOC institutions offer active-duty military personnel evaluation of transfer credit and flexible degree requirements. The College uses the American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines to award credit for military courses, training, and experience, and awards credits for nationally recognized testing programs. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions.

Concurrent Admissions Program (CONAP)
The CONAP program was created to increase the college enrollment of Army veterans with GI Bill® education benefits after their separation from the service. Under this program, eligible Army enlistees will be admitted to the College concurrently with their enlistment. The deferred admissions agreement is good for up to two years after completion of two or three years of active duty.

Additional Helpful Websites for Student Veterans

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Top of page