Information Services is the hub of the Student Services Center (SSC) of Nassau Community
College. The office is located in the SSC in the Tower, Lower Level. Information Services
disseminates and processes all information pertaining to the NCC campus to the students/faculty/staff
and external community.
We are responsible for:
- Informing the internal and external community of holidays, schedule changes, emergency
closings and closings due to inclement weather.
- Operating the College’s switchboard (516.572.7500) and the college voice messaging
system. This system informs callers of office hours and any changes to the weekly
- Assisting students in the SSC with the kiosks.
- Assisting students in the SSC with self-serve computers.
- Handling a large volume of calls and walk-in inquiries per month.
- Publishing the campus calendars, located on the College’s website.
- Formatting and distributing the Student Academic and Administrative calendars (for
- Providing directions to the internal and external community traveling to the College
by bus, train or car.
- Providing various forms of information about NCC to students/staff/faculty and the
- Distributing academic department brochures, maps, proof of residency forms, NICE bus
schedules, LIRR train schedules and program flyers.