Planning Your Transfer
- Nassau's CEEB Code is 2563
- Select several colleges/universities offering programs in your area of interest – check deadlines.
- Check the costs necessary to attend each of these institutions.
- Applications for admission to the state universities, city universities and local colleges are available in the Transfer Counseling Office, Nassau Hall, Room 4 A. You must obtain all other applications directly from the colleges to which you plan to apply.
- Upon receipt of your applications, answer all questions and return the applications before the deadline. Failure to do this will jeopardize your chance of acceptance.
- Some colleges require your high school transcript and SAT scores. If this information is requested, contact your high school guidance office and have a transcript mailed to the institutions of your choice.
- Check with the Transfer Counseling Office regarding recommendations to other colleges.
- Visit the Registrar's Office Web pages regarding requesting and forwarding an official transcript to other colleges.
- Check the transfer information published in the student newspaper, the Vignette. Read our Transfer newsletter, published each semester and mailed to your home address. Check the calendars posted in strategic spots on campus. The calendars list the location, the date and time, and when representatives from four‑year institutions are scheduled to visit our campus.
- Visit the Transfer Counseling Office in Nassau Hall, Room 4 A, for any additional transfer concerns you may have. Attend our group sessions. The sessions are held for students seeking information about the transfer process. The dates and location of these sessions are published in the Vignette and are listed on calendars posted in strategic spots around campus.
State University of New York (SUNY)
Students are now encouraged to apply to SUNY schools on line. The SUNY application fee is $50.00 per school. Nassau graduates may have this fee waived by completing the appropriate section in the SUNY application. A maximum of four fee waivers is allowed. Students should not use The Common Application if they are applying only to SUNY schools since they lose the application fee waiver.
Nassau's SUNY Code is 61
SUNY Contact Information
Application Processing: 800.342.3811
City University of New York (CUNY)
All applications for CUNY Schools must now be filed on line. Go to the web site and follow the on line instructions. The order that you list schools on the CUNY application is important. If the school you list first accepts you the other schools do not receive your application. The CUNY transfer application fee is $70.00. Veterans applying to CUNY schools are being offered a Veterans Fee Waiver.
First Priority Deadline for CUNY for January 2014 is September 15, 2013. This deadline is particularly important for Baruch and Hunter Colleges.
Send CUNY applications and initial transcripts to:
CUNY Processing Center, P.O. Box 359023, Brooklyn, NY 11235
CUNY Contact Information
- Students should have an official transcript of all course work at Nassau Community College sent to any college to which they apply.
- Transcripts may be ordered electronically by logging into your MyNCC account.
- For students who are graduating, it is important that a final transcript, with the degree posted on it, be sent.
- Official Transcripts must also be sent from every institution the student has attended.
You may request an Immunization Record from Health Office by completing the request for an Immunization Record form. There is a $5 fee for a copy of your Immunization record. We do NOT fax records out. A copy of your immunization can be mailed to your home address or handed to you. We STRONGLY suggest that you call Student Health Office at 516.572.7123 to confirm that we have your record on file prior to submitting payment to Bursar.