Equity, Inclusion and
Affirmative Action, ADA/504 Office
Nassau Community College is one of thirty locally controlled institutions of higher education within the State University of New York being the largest single campus in the State system and a broadly diversified institution. The Office of Equity, Inclusion and Affirmative Action is dedicated to recognizing diversity and pluralism of values and beliefs on campus, committed to fostering a fair, non-discriminatory, diverse educational and employment environment for the entire College Community.
The Office of Equity, Inclusion and Affirmative Action has many responsibilities, which include but are not limited to:
- Assuring the equal employment opportunity and affirmative action procedures are followed through every part of the employment process.
- Making available the most recent Federal and State laws regarding anti-discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and/or age.
- Completing an Annual Affirmative Action Plan.
- Investigating and resolving, when applicable, allegations of discrimination and/or harassment in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Encouraging research programs and institutional activities, designed to recognize, celebrate and secure diversity and civility.
Dr. Craig J. Wright, MS, CAAP
Associate Vice President, Equity, Inclusion,
Affirmative Action, ADA/504 & Title IX Officer