Text Message Notification when MyNCC Email is Received
1. In your Internet Browser (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc.) go to either http://www.ncc.edu/StudentEmail or http://mail.students.ncc.edu
2. Sign in to your e-mail account with your NCC-ID (Banner) for your Username and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for the Password. Your NCC-ID begins with the UPPER CASE LETTER 'N' (It is case sensitive, e.g. N00000001).
3. Once you are logged in click the Settings link on the top right menu.
4. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP link.
5. Select Forward a copy of incoming mail to, then enter the 10 digit cell phone number with the corresponding carrier extension – see below.
The e-mail address will be the cell phone number followed by the carrier extension. An example email address would be email@example.com for cell phone number 856-555-1111 with Verizon Wireless as a service provider. Some of the more popular cell phone carrier extensions are listed below.
AT&T: (cell#) @txt.att.net
Verizon Wireless: (cell#)@vtext.com
6. Click Save Changes at the bottom on the page.
7. You should see a message that says “Your preferences have been saved.”
The next time you receive an email from Nassau Community College a text message will be sent to your cell phone notifying you. Please Note: Text messaging charges may apply depending on the recipient's cell phone plan. Please check with your cell phone provider.