Medical/Personal Withdrawals Procedures
Download the Medical/Personal Withdrawal Form
If you are requesting a medical/personal withdrawal the following is required:
- You must withdraw from all registered classes for the semester. If you are not physically able to do this, a designee of your choice with proper identification may do so.
- Please complete and sign the attached Medical/Personal Withdrawal Form and include all supporting documentation.
- Medical reasons will require an original note from your doctor stating you were under his/her care during the time of your absence, the nature of your illness, and the fact that this prevented you from completing the semester.
- Personal reasons will require documentation that will support your request, i.e. court papers, death certificates, etc.
- Supply any additional documentation that you feel will support your case.
- You have one year from the end of the semester in question to file a medical/personal withdrawal request.
- A refund request must be made in writing. It is evaluated by the President’s Refund Committee. A medical/personal withdrawal approved by the Office of the Dean of Students has no bearing upon the decision of the Refund Committee.
Medical/Personal withdrawal requests should be sent to:
Office of the Dean of Students or Deanofstudents@ncc.edu
Nassau Community College
CCB Room 312
1 Education Drive
Garden City, NY 11530-6793
If you have any questions, please call the Dean of Students office at (516) 572-7376.