Medical/Personal Withdrawals Procedures
Download the Medical/Personal Withdrawal Form
If you are requesting a medical/personal withdrawal within the current semester, the following is required:
- You must withdraw yourself from all registered class(es) from that semester. If you are not physically able to do this, a member of your family could be requested to do so, or a designee of your choice with proper identification.
- You must complete a Medical/Personal withdrawal form and attach all supporting documents. Form must be signed by the student. Download the Medical/Personal Withdrawal Form
- Medical reasons will require an original note from your doctor stating you were under their care during the time of your absences, the nature of your illness, and the fact that this prohibited you from completing the semester. This letter cannot be faxed and must be sent directly from your doctor’s office to the Dean of Students’ office.
- Personal reasons will require documentation that will support your reasons. i.e. court papers, death certificates, etc.
- Supply any additional documentation that you feel will support your case.
- All excused Medical/Personal requests must be submitted within ONE YEAR after the end of the term in question
Medical/Personal withdrawal requests should be sent to:
Office of the Dean of Students
Nassau Community College
CCB Room 312
1 Education Drive
Garden City, NY 11530-6793
If you have any questions, please call the Dean of Students office at (516) 572-7376.