Information Services is the hub of Nassau Community College and a division of Marketing and Communications (formerly known as College/Community Relations).
We disseminate and process all information pertaining to the NCC campus to the students/faculty/staff and external community.
The Information Service center consists of a supervisor, full-time and part-time staff and student workers. It is located in the Student Services Center, Tower Lower Level.
We are responsible for:
- Informing the internal and external community of holidays, schedule changes, emergency closings and closings due to inclement weather.
- Operating the College’s switchboard (516.572.7500) and the College voice messaging system. This system informs callers of office hours and any changes to the weekly schedule.
- Processing thousands of calls and walk-in inquiries per month.
- Producing the campus calendars, located on the College’s website.
- Formatting and distributing the Student Academic and Administrative calendars.
- Providing directions to the internal and external community traveling to the College by bus, train or car.
- Providing various forms of information about NCC to students/staff/faculty and the external community.
- Distributing academic department brochures, catalogs, maps, proof of residency forms, financial aid forms, MTA bus schedules, LIRR train schedules and program flyers.