At NCC, we believe learning should go beyond textbooks, classrooms, campuses—and even continents. Through our robust study abroad program, you will:
- Learn about yourself by expanding your worldview
- Hone your foreign language skills by immersing yourself in that language’s culture
- Expand your studies through courses not offered at NCC
- Stand out to employers who will see you as independent, motivated, and unafraid
Take a study abroad course being offered through NCC
Go on study abroad for a year, semester or summer through CCIS (College Consortium for International Studies) http://www.ccisabroad.org
Go on study abroad for a year, semester or summer through SUNY International Programs http://www.suny.edu/studyabroad/
Where do you want to go?
What do you want to accomplish? (learn a language, learn about a new culture, attend university abroad, do an internship, do service learning)
How long do you want to go for? (a year, a semester, a summer, a few weeks)
a.If you go for a year, a semester, or a summer, where do you want to live?
(an apartment, a dorm, a home stay)
Do you need financial aid? If you are recieving financial aid for your current studies at NCC, you may qualify to use aid money to finance your study abroad course(s).
What are your academic needs? It is important to see an academic advisor to determine what courses are needed to complete your degree.
Most students want to transfer their study abroad credits to the College; financial aid can only be used for courses that you need to complete your degree.
- How much can you spend on your study abroad experience?
a. Some short term study abroad trips are around $3,500. On the other hand a semester or a year can exceed $10,000.
- Make an appointment to meet with a Study Abroad Advisor.
- You can call:516.572.7053
- You can e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can drop by to make an appointment in the International Education office in the Life Sciences Building, room 141
Meet with an advisor to discuss the details.
Talk with your family/parents about your decision.
Return to the International Education office to pick up the paperwork associated with study abroad.
i. International Study Student Application
ii. Overseas Academic Advisement Study Abroad Form
iii. Nassau Community College Study Abroad Program Statement of Consent and Waiver
iv. Memo of Understanding Study Abroad Program
v. State University of New York Overseas Academic Programs Student Health Information
vi. Nassau Community College Terms and Conditions Governing Short-term Study Abroad Participation
vii. Permission to Enter and International Studies/Off-Site Course