The Honors Program at Nassau Community College is a highly selective program made up of students who graduated at the top of their high school classes. There are many reasons why students choose the Honors Program over 4-year institutions. Here are 5:
Five Reasons to Consider the NCC Honors Program:
- Exceptional teaching—by professors who are hand-picked to teach honors courses.
- Exclusive activities to supplement your classes-take in a Broadway play or get published in the program's literary journal.
- Scholarships just for honor students—money that’s awarded each year only to honors students. The Honors Program also has special scholarships and transfer agreements with select four-year institutions.
- Honors designation on your NCC transcript—show transfer institutions and potential employers that you excel and rise to academic challenges.
- "Up-transferring"- Our unique word to describe the experience of when graduates of the Honors Program find themselves accepted to colleges that would not have accepted them right after high school.
Need more specific information? Just contact us.