Surgical Technology Program
Nassau’s Surgical Technology program is one of our most popular programs — for good reason. Not only are surgical technologists in high demand, but our program has a nearly 45-year history and an outstanding reputation for producing graduates who are well prepared.
Our two-year Associate's Degree in Applied Science in Surgical Technology (AAS) is distinctive to Long Island. It is the ONLY Associate Degree program on Long Island accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon recommendation from The Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARCSTSA). As a graduate, you'll be required to sit for the (NBSTSA) National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting Certification Exam in Surgical Technology (CST). You can begin your career immediately after graduation
INTERVIEWS ARE SCHEDULED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please call 516.572.9640 to schedule an interview
or contact College Admissions at 516.572.7345
You’ll benefit from:
- Cutting-edge medical equipment, including an anesthesia machine, an adult lung simulator, laparoscopic simulation trainer sets, "SimMan," a virtual reality mannequin, and two mock operating rooms
- Laboratory work that begins your first year
- Clinical experience at accredited hospitals in your first and second year
- A minimum of 120 real-life clinical cases by the time you graduate
- A rich network of exceptional alumni
The future is extremely bright for our Surgical Technology graduates. According to the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for surgical technologists is expected to increase as the population ages and the number of surgical procedures grows. In fact, the employment rate of surgical technologists nationwide is expected to grow faster than the average of all occupations.
You will also be prepared to continue your education and further specialize in surgical technology or pursue a career as a:
- Registered Nurse (RN), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Physician Assistant (PA)