SUNY Emergency Alert
- SUNY Emergency Alert will allow the college to send simultaneous alerts in minutes through text messaging, voicemail and e-mail to numerous devices, such as cell phones, landline phones, fax machines and PDAs. It provides our students, staff and faculty with an additional layer of security and protection in an emergency situation.
- The effectiveness of this notification system depends upon individuals providing accurate and up-to-date personal contact information. We urge you to partner with the college in registering your cell phone number as well as other emergency contact information so that college officials can effectively communicate with you.
- This system will accommodate:
two (2) e-mail addresses
three (3) telephone numbers
one (1) voice fax number.
- All information provided to the SUNY Emergency Alert system will be kept confidential.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or for any other questions regarding the SUNY Emergency Alert System.
- Login to your MyNCC Banner account using your NCC ID and Personal Pin.
- Once logged in, click on the “Personal Information Menu” link
- From the Personal Information Menu click the “Emergency Alert Contact Information (NY-ALERT)” link.
- Now select option 2 “I would like to continue within the Alert System but I need to alter the displayed contact information.” Then press “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- You will now be shown the screens which will allow you to edit your personal contact information in SUNY Emergency Alert.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Public Safety at Nassau Community College, at 516.572.7100.