HURRICANE SANDY UPDATE
Updated: November 13, 2012 - Please continue to check this page for further updates.
The College continues to be sensitive to the extreme challenges that many members of the College community are facing in the aftermath of Sandy. Please be assured we are continuing to assess those steps that are appropriate and necessary to deal with this very difficult situation.
EXTENSION OF THE AUTOMATIC "W"
The automatic "W" deadline will be extended to close of business on November 21, the day before Thanksgiving.
HEALTH EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSES INFORMATION
Important Note: The HED and PED class relocations have been updated November 8, 2012
- All PED classes will resume on Monday, November 12th at their scheduled PED class time and meet in the PE Complex, Rm 111, the racquetball courts.
- All Health Education (HED) class locations have been reassigned. Please see http://www.ncc.edu/HED_relocations.pdf for temporary new class locations.
SPECIAL MESSAGE REGARDING WITHDRAWALS: Before making a decision to withdraw from any class, we urge all students to seek guidance from an academic counselor or the Dean of Students in order to fully understand the impact of the withdrawal on your academic goals. Please contact the Dean of Students via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 572-7376 or an academic advisor in Student Personnel Services at 572-7141.
Financial Aid Recipients should consider how withdrawal from any course may result in the possible return of Title IV (Pell Grant, SEOG, Direct Loans, Parent PLUS Loans and Perkins Loans) funds awarded. Students are entitled to financial aid only for the period they have attended. The amount of the semester’s Federal Title IV aid already disbursed that exceeds the student’s eligibility must be returned to its source. The amounts to be returned to the Federal Programs will vary based upon type of program, the total amount to be returned, and the government’s determination of the order in which aid is returned to the various programs. If there is a student account balance resulting from these adjustments, the student will be responsible for payment.* Please contact Student Financial Affairs for assistance in understanding the impact that withdrawing will have on your financial aid: email@example.com or by phone 572-7326.
Exception to the College’s withdrawal process will be made for students impacted by the recent storm and unable to come to campus. Due to the extenuating circumstances created by Hurricane Sandy, you are not required to come to campus to withdraw from one or more classes. Please call 572-7376 or send an email to Deanofstudents@ncc.edu, written from your NCC email account, letting us know the circumstances related to your withdrawal. The Dean of Students will work with the Registrar’s Office to drop the requested classes.
*If you believe your circumstances warrants an exception be made to the College’s refund policy, please submit a written appeal with supporting documentation to the President’s Refund Committee, Student Financial Affairs, Nassau Community College. All refund requests must be submitted within ONE YEAR after the end of the term in question.
Non-attendance in a class, informing the instructor of withdrawal, or stopping payment on a check, does not constitute official withdrawal notification.
- Priority Registration for Spring 2013 courses begins on November 14. More information.
- Registration for Winter Semester registration for current/admitted students begins on November 14. More information.
- Graduation Application Deadline for for December 2012 is extended until Monday, November 12, 2012
- All currently enrolled students are required to present a current NCC ID Card when coming to the Registrar's office.
STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Financial Aid refunds are being processed and have been mailed to students on Monday, November 5.
- Payment Plan Participants: The final fall 2012 payment is due on November 6. Due to the recent difficulties experienced by many families, we will not apply late fees to student accounts until November 12th. Please make your payment online (http://www.ncc.edu/MyNCC ) or in person at the Bursar's Office as soon as possible.
EMERGENCY SHELTERS & GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- In the event of closures, delays or emergency notifications, the College will make information updates on the following major media outlets: WCBS 880 AMWINS 1010 AMWALK 97.5 FMWALK 1370 AMWBAB 102.3 FMWBLI 106.1 FMWWSK 94.3 FMNEWS 12 LIWCBS Channel 2WNBC Channel 4