First, complete the application process– after that, meet with an academic advisor to ensure that you're taking the correct courses for your program of study. That’s also important to keep you on track if you receive financial aid, because courses that are not required in your program are not covered by financial aid.
- New Students (including Transfer Students) - You should see an advisor before registering. You will be sent advisement information through your NCC Student Email account when you can set up your own advisement appointment.
- Basic Education Program - You MUST meet with a department advisor before registering.
- Students currently enrolled or returning — During credit priority registration periods you may register on the date and time based on the number of credits you have earned, just log in to MyNCC and register. After credit priority registration has ended, you may log in and register at anytime. See your Academic Advisor as needed or log in to MyNCC and run a Degree Evaluation online to make sure you are on track.
- Allied Health Science, Nursing, Mortuary Science, and Studio Recording majors - You are STRONGLY recommended to meet with your department advisor.
- Students whose academic standing is on Probation due to GPA - You may use MyNCC to register for up to 11.5 credits. You are STRONGLY recommended to visit the Academic Advisement Center before making class selections.
- Students seeking a second degree or certificate - You are STRONGLY recommended to seek approval of your 2nd degree or certificate prior to registration. Some courses require you to be admitted into the program.
- Non-degree students - You are STRONGLY recommended to register online for courses with no prerequisites.
- Visiting students - You may register online for courses with no prerequisites or if you have submitted to the Office of the Registrar your Home Institution Approval verifying prerequisites. You may also register in person with approval from your home institution.